Our regional construction company is looking for a Purchasing Manager. There will be heavy focus on supplier relationships, purchasing, receiving, and maintaining all materials/components required to meet production goals and objectives. The Purchasing Manager will work cross functionally with other departments to achieve company commitments and goals.
- Review all plans and specifications from a cost perspective, negotiate and execute on opportunities to reduce costs
- Research new products and processes from a cost and value basis
- Assist in budget reviews
- Research and pre-qualify trade partners who can provide cost effective construction, service, and quality
- Develop and maintain general, specific, and inclusive scope of work documents depending on work to be accomplished
- Supervise preparation of bid packages, including scopes of work, payment and price schedules, insurance requirements, other exhibits, plans and cover letters
- Analyze bids for completeness and accuracy. Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements
- Monitor trade partner performance and assist in efforts to ensure trade partner complies with contract requirements
- Resolve specification and plan conflicts
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all potential and existing trade associates, seek out new vendors and trade partners
- Assist in the validation of material takeoffs as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Construction Management or equivalent professional experience. (Buildertrend experience a plus but will train.)
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of all the trades and products required to construct a single-family dwelling.
- Must be able to decipher and analyze California’s Title 24 requirements.
- Must be able to analyze subcontractor bids and the ability of subcontractor to perform to the standards of our company.
- Must have the ability to understand the technical aspects of residential construction.
- Must possess good time management skills and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
Must be able to work in both an office and construction environment. Work is performed both inside & outdoors. Physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending over, kneeling, repetitive use of hands, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 25lbs. Hours and days are Monday through Friday
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please send resume. Your resume will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential job match, or if further information is needed. Thank you.
compensation: competitive salary and benefitsemployment type: full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairfield, CA 94533: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Construction: 10 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location