Project Manager – Residential New Construction
Silvermark is a local, general contractor building homes throughout northern California. We’re looking for an experienced project manager to successfully execute our projects. Ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all the necessary components for a successful project and the knowledge and ability to solve problems.
The Project Manager will oversee multiple new home projects, maintain timelines, budgets, and quality standards. The role involves planning, preparing work for the whole team, estimating costs, developing deliverable schedules as a roadmap for the construction team, risk management and daily interaction with teammates, clients, and trade partners to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Develop scope of work, schedules, cost analyses and budget projections.
- Identification and qualification of vendors, negotiation of bids, as well as contracting and ultimately monitoring vendor work performance.
- Develop and maintain schedules of work and forecasts for completion dates as well as costs vs. budgets.
- Preparing RFI’s, takeoffs, proposals
- Manage contracts from signing to introducing client to construction process to client weekly construction updates, to confirmation of build specifications to defining non0optional construction items to client walks and sign offs and warranty checklists.
- Resolve issues and ensure compliance with codes, ordinances and regulations imposed by governmental organizations.
- Processing of invoices and other payments.
- Manage client expectations regarding project progress and keep clients happy.
- Utilize construction scheduling software and technology to manage multiple projects from start to finish.
- Closely monitoring budgets to ensure each build profitability
- Confer with team to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Obtain proper permits, acquire materials, and perform quality control inspections
- Act as a liaison with client’s insurance companies.
- Ensure company policies, procedures, OSHA, and safety guidelines are met
- Interpret blueprints
- Proactively communicate with internal and external teams and work closely with in-house designers to ensure detailed specifications
- Accountable for proper and accurate documentation of multiple projects, including contracts, time keeping, change orders, materials ordered, safety records, changes of scope, inspections, etc.
- Resolve issues and disputes.
- Communicate with CEO, team, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Become familiar with BuildPro
- Assist with all dirt work items to have lost ready for foundation and construction team
- Assist with the updating and implementation of safety programs including on-site safety inspections, pick-up inspections and prepare and hold safety meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar capacity in construction
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field
- Possess a problem-solving outlook and the drive to bring the project in on time and within budget
- Excellent client service skills and a professional appearance
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a professional manner
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and pass a background check
- Ability to maintain a consistent 40-hour work week
- Proficient in typing internal and external correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and construction software
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to sudden demands with a “go above & beyond” attitude
- Must have strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints and working effectively as a team player in a professional office environment.
- Ability to read plans
- While most of SMCS projects are local to the main office, infrequent, travel may be required on a project-to-project basis.
- Prolonged sitting. May require some bending, stooping, twisting, and/or stretching from seated or standing positions.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information via telephone or computer.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more.
Should possess good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships, maintain calm and professional under stressful circumstances, be a multitasker, and comply with safety/construction standards.
Compensation based on years of experience and education. We offer PTO, medical/dental/vision 401K, profit sharing, etc.
Employment type: full-time
Work Hours: Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm, or may vary by need
DIRECT REPORT: VP of Design
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Your resume will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential job match, or if further information is needed.’
‘ Work Remotely
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Construction Experience: 10 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location