Human Resource Manager
We are looking for an HR manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes.
This means that your HR manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development, and talent management. The job of HR manager is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR manager job description and specification.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
DIRECT REPORT: CEO
WORK LOCATION: Fairfield
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Proven working experience as HR manager orother HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 5-10 years of experience as an HR Coordinator (essential).
- Deep understanding of Labor Law, OSHA, and Workers comp employment regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office, and ADP Workforce platform
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Prolonged sitting. May require some bending, stooping, twisting, and/or stretching from seated or standing positions.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information via telephone or computer.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance